The Township of Chapleau is committed to strive to ensure that people of all ages and abilities enjoy the same opportunity as they live, work, visit, or play in our community. We are working actively to provide increased accessibility in the Township of Chapleau through the prevention of new barriers and reduction and removal of existing barriers.
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07
Website Accessibility & W3C Compliancy
We are trying to make our website more accessible for all users.The Township of Chapleau is actively working towards achieving a fully accessible website that conforms to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
We are committed to making this website accessible and easy to use for everyone, at all levels of ability.
If you use assistive technology and the format of any content on this web site interferes with your ability to access the information, please contact our Webmaster and we will make every effort to provide you with a format that is accessible to you.
This website allows people using text-only browsers or other assistive technology to read the content on the page, including text descriptions for all images.
You can adjust the size of nearly all of the text on this website by using our font size widget that is found at the top right side of the website. To change the font size, click on the "+" or "-" until you find a font size that is comfortable for you.
Many browsers also provide a way of enlarging text and/or graphics under the "View" menu.
Windows Narrator is a basic screen-reading program. The program gives speech feedback for menus and dialogue boxes. It does not speak the entire web page. The following steps will enable you to turn on that feature:
- Click the Start button or press the Windows logo key on your keyboard.
- Open Programs. Click All Programs or press P on the keyboard until All Programs is highlighted and press Enter.
- Click Accessories or press A on the keyboard until Accessories is highlighted and press Enter.
- Click Accessibility. If you are using the keyboard, it will already be highlighted, press Enter.
- Click Narrator or press N on the keyboard until Narrator is highlighted, press Enter.
- This opens the Microsoft Narrator box. The Narrator immediately begins to read instructions on how to use the feature.
- Click OK or press Enter on the keyboard. Another window will appear with various options.
- Click the checkbox or press the spacebar on your keyboard to customize your options. You can also adjust voice settings by clicking the Voice button or pressing V on the keyboard.
Images on the Township of Chapleau website have alternative text attributes, often known as alt text. This means that the image can be understood by text browsers and assistive technologies such as screen readers.
Some documents on the Township website are available in a PDF format. Adobe Reader is required to open these files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge from the Adobe website.
Contact Us for Help
While we make every effort to keep all content on this website accessible to all visitors, please contact us for help if you find any information on this website that you cannot access.
Building an accessible website is an ongoing process and we welcome any comments on how to improve our site's accessibility.